Sunday, September 03, 2006

Rolling with the Big Dogs

So what makes a good dog walker? The reason I ask, is because I had the rare opportunity today of interviewing someone for the job. He seemed cool enough -- a musician, who can play almost any instrument with his eyes closed and currently lives in Brooklyn Heights, or Park Slope or Queens. Truthfully, I dont recall -- anywhere outside of the constrains of Tribeca to 14th street seems like a blur to me.

He was pretty cool, and despite our differences in music, hairstyle, hygiene and clothes, I think we had a lot in common. In short, he was awesome. you know how sometimes you can just tell? You just get a feeling for someone? Thats how I felt with him.

Now, some of you may be asking: "why do you need another dog walker? arent YOU going to walk the dogs?" (others may be asking: "why would anyone write a blog about dog walking anyways?" and others may just be asking "whats for dinner?"). In any case, I need another dog walker so that I can branch out to other areas in the city (you know, those above 14th street) and become the best damn dog walking company ever. (which, at this rate, is a distinct possibility).

Oh, and Im meeting with a potential client tomorrow morning who lives way the hell on the upper west side (where? exactly.) so Im gonna need an adventurous (trustworthy, reliable and flexible) young squire to do my bidding when I wont be able to get up there.

So, for those eager apprentices, my requirements (in addition to those listed above)are... applicants must LOVE dogs. Just love em. So much so, that this isnt as much a job as the chance of a lifetime.. to get to hang out with dogs all day long. (Truthfully, thats why Im doing it). Secondly, Im gonna need some dog experience. you know, walkers, owners, groomers...what not. And lastly, they've got to be able to trek to the ends of the earth (above 23rd street). If youre reading this and feel like youre reading a page of your own diary... then we may have a match.

3 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

If I were in NYC, I'd totally consider this.

Marissa said...

and just like that, your business is growing (as i always knew it would)! big things ahead! xo

Scott said...

Love the logo and glad to hear that things are going well for you. Dogs rock!

Scott