Friday, September 08, 2006

Bad Dog

Word of mouth.
Apparently, no matter what your credentials or how your advertise, the only way to get your dog walking name out there, is through word of mouth. Who knew? Here I am pining away at advertising campaigns, website development, logos and press kits. And for what? Most of the people I meet with dont even care for the "About Us" folder I put together (detailing the Red Cross certification in Canine First Aid and CPR, my interest to go to school for Canine Rehabilitation Therapy, and the certificates of insurance and liability bonding through Pet Sitters International), nor do they care whether my logo is perfectly centered on the "Daily Report Card" I leave after each walk. In fact, one guy even told me he doesnt want any of it... just walk his dog and he'll be happy.

What Im saying is... maybe Im being too polished? But, after all my years in advertising -- learning how to sell (and upsell) the client -- how could I be anything but?

So, lets switch things up, shall we? No, I wont stop creating ads on Illustrator or discontinue my modifications to my website through Dreamweaver. But I will make my posters a little more gritty.. maybe a little tongue in cheek.. cause, hey.. it doesnt matter anyways, right?

So, here is the newest installment of New York Pooch Patrol ads. Let me know what you think. The campaign centers around the thought that while youre away, your dog gets into trouble.. serious trouble (drugs, sex and rock and roll). Thanks to my sister Jenny, who did the drawings, Ive put together the following "Idle Paws" campaign.. and will be posting them around the city this weekend. If nothing else.. to see what happens.


4 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

The puppy snorting coke is amazing.

Marissa said...

i LOVE it!!! perfect. totally cheeky and fantastic, and definitely will get people's attention. another part of your biz that sets you apart IS your professionalism and your skills in advertising. never stop!

MUDNYC said...

I love the flasher one! And yes, for your biz, it's important to be professional, even if people say they don't care...the pp is right, it will set you apart. Good luck!

lforney said...

Oh my god, those are fantastic!!!